Wednesday 16th February 2011
Media Resources Centre, Llandrindod Wells
10.00 am – 4.30 pm
£20 per student – includes lunch and refreshments
The ELP requires that students experience a variety of Intervention Areas and develop a number of Core Skills. This interactive training day will address:
Intervention Area F7 :
Core Skills :
- Analysing and Interpreting Data;
- Interpreting Legislative Requirements;
- Identifying Solutions to Problems;
- Working with Others;
- Identifying and Utilising Appropriate Management Skills; and
- Developing Good Communication Skills.
- (This list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive)
Students will take part in a small group desk top exercise based on a real incident, considering a developing time lined food related incidents, identifying the relevant facts and issues, proposing appropriate courses of action and developing appropriate responses. There will also be an opportunity to compare and contrast views and to reflect on the approaches proposed and their relative merits and perceived defects.
Who should attend?
- Environmental Health students ( Undergraduate or Masters level) currently on placement with local authorities
- Environmental Health Masters students or Graduates currently employed in local authorities and completing their ELP
- Environmental Health Masters students or Graduates who are not attached to local authorities or employers but who are completing their ELP
Numbers are limited to ensure that all students have the opportunity to participate in a meaningful way. Priority at first instance will be given to students training with Welsh local authorities. You are advised to book early to ensure that you have a place at the event.